Well, it happened… again. Here you are. Sitting on Facebook. And now, you’re feeling like a complete dumbass because you just lost the game… again.
But it’s not all bad. You can do your part by sharing this article with other people. See how many people’s days you can ruin. How many lives you can crush. After all, that’s what Facebook is for, right?
What the Hell is The Game?
OK, Boomer! No, but seriously if you’re like “What the hell is going on here?” there’s a good chance you may be a Boomer. But you’re not a lost cause. Let MatterHorn teach you a bit about The Game.
The Game is a mental game where the objective is to avoid thinking about The Game itself. Thinking about, recognizing, or remembering The Game constitutes a loss. This loss must be announced each time it occurs. It is impossible to win The Game. Tactics have been developed to increase the number of people aware of The Game and thereby increase the number of losses. One of those tactics is this very article you are reading!
There are 4 commonly-accepted rules to The Game:
- Everyone in the world is playing The Game. In other words, everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game at all times.
- You are always playing The Game. Nothing can change this. Well, maybe a lobotomy, but that’s on you.
- A person cannot refuse to play The Game. It does not require consent to play and one can never stop playing.
- Whenever one thinks about or recognizes The Game, one loses.
- Losses must be announced. This can be verbal, with a phrase such as “I just lost The Game”, a post on social media, etc.
So Now You Know!
Congratulations! Now that you’re aware of The Game, you’re officially playing. And you just experienced your first loss!
Now go share this article on social media and see what happens!
Yes you did!! lol